Do you have any information about mobbing, which has become a major problem in every aspect of your life, especially in business? Do you know what it is, how it is done?
We can call it a new term for mobbing, which originated in Latin (derived from mobile vulgus). Because many people today do not even know what mobbing is! (Actually, it’s well known what is mobbing, but I think this information comes from practice, not from theory.) Anyway, Let me return to the subject.
As I said above, mobbing; harassment, psychological violence, humiliation, intimidation, abuse of power and intentional harm to the person. So you understand that we are not very strangers to the concept of mobbing. After all; it is not surprising that somebody in our country harasses some people “unfortunately!” Indeed, there are countless live examples of harassment around us. Maybe you are also encountering the sad situation I was talking about.
But it is also a fact that with the developments and new laws introduced in recent years, mobbing is no longer a phenomenon we have to ignore! That is why; everyone needs to know more about mobbing and what to do to cope with mobbing.
E.g; If you have a job at your place that is constantly abusive to you, you must be sure of some things to say mobbing to your behavior. Or you should learn what you need to pay attention to in the legal process you will face in the face of mobbing. To summarize; you have to have information about the matter until the mobbing is proven how it is done. You should also know how to deal with mobbing by learning about the behavior of the abuser. I will discuss all these topics and more in the following headings.
Now that you know what mobbing is, let’s give some information on how to do it:
- What is Mobbing?
- How to Mobbing?
- Mobbing Examples
- Why Mobbing?
- What are the common characteristics of abusers and victims?
- Common Features of Mobbing Harassmenters
- How to deal with mobbing?
What is Mobbing?
Mobbing is a word first used by Konrad Lorenz to study some animal behavior in the 1960s . Etolog (short for scientists who study animal behavior) Lorenz made the definition of “the reaction of small groups of animals to large animals” for mobbing.
In 1972, the Swedish doctor Peter Paul Heinemann examined the behavior of school-age children. Mobbingi expressed as bullying between children. Later on, he was recognized for his work on mobbing. Leymann reconsidered this concept.
According to Leymann’s definition of mobbing for the first time at work , this concept is defined as “psychological terrorism in the form of a hostile and immoral communication by one or more of the other” . Yes, we can say about the emergence of the concept of mobbing. Since the word has just entered the Western literature, a clear Turkish welcome has yet to be found. mobbing; Psychological terror, psychological violence, emotional harassment, intimidation “ . As far as I know, I will tell mobbing how to answer the question:
How to do Mobbing?
Mobbingin psychological harassment, oppression, humiliation, such as the meanings we learned that the mobbinge case can come to the case. Because the concept has come to the fore, has led many people to say that they have been exposed to mobbing inappropriately. For example; The employee who is encountering a bad reaction of the manager says “mobbing me” . In other words; even the smallest negatives are shown as mobbing. That is why; I would like to talk a few examples of mobbing behavior in order not to misunderstand .
First of all, you must know that mobbing must be done systematically in order to tell you that you are experiencing emotional abuse at work . Normally you can not qualify as a negative word, mobbing , which your manager tells you that you have a very normal up-and-down relationship . In short; To tell you that you have been exposed to mobbing at work, one or more people have to constantly make similar moves to annoy you and remove you from your work. If your manager, your superior, or your colleagues show the following behaviors to intimidate you, you may be a mobbing victim!
- If you hear and feel that your gossip is made,
- If no information is given about meetings, seminars, in short, organizations related to your workplace,
- If you are being treated to shake your self-confidence,
- If you encounter unethical reactions,
- If you are excluded because of your appearance, language, religion, etc.,
- If you are constantly teasing because of similar reasons,
- Each step is monitored, every movement is kept under observation,
- If you are trying to be silenced at any moment when you open your mouth and you are humiliated for what you say,
- If you are constantly being treated as if you were not in the environment,
- If you are told to do things that are inappropriate for your position,
- If extra efforts are made to find your missing,
- If you are exposed to physical violence with behavior such as pushing, chair-to-table, tripping,
- If you are being victimized by harassment, such as manual extortion, verbal sexuality,
- And if you meet every day with similar movements; you can say mobbing accident.
So, why is mobbing done? Are people so bad? Why would people or groups intentionally do harm to the cause? Why does he act systematicallyfor his evil ? Why are extra efforts made for the purposes of keeping her out of her job, intimidating her, feeling bad?
If you look at it , there could be many different reasons for this. However, the following can be said for the main ones. E.g; There are some thingsthat the mobbing guy believes to be blind . Race, religion, sect! And the other person is behaving in a way that contradicts his beliefs and beliefs.
Or the person who is mobbing is seen as a danger by the victim, the harasser in other words . Competitive environment and high ambition; it can also be said that people who have tendencies such as nursing, intimidation, psychological violence prepare the ground for mobbing. Additionally; a badly managed company, intense stress, the wrong settled rules at work, and the likes of someone else wanting mobbing.
What are the common characteristics of harassers and victims?
What are the characteristics of the victims of emotional harassment ? I mean, is it because mobbing victims have different qualities than others? Or are there any common features that distinguish mobbing players fromothers? If you do not want to discuss these questions in the following topic.
Common Features of Mobbing Victims
- In addition to his own right, he wants to defend the rights of others,
- If you do not like to bend, do not hesitate to say that you see something wrong,
- Acting according to the work and honesty you have done, not according to your position,
- Having succeeded in almost everything that makes business and loves it,
- Who has struggled to rise in his career,
- Or in the opposite direction; shy or introverted ,
- Fearing defending the right and experiencing a problem of self-confidence,
- Those who are new to the job or graduated recently,
- And more often than men are women; mobbing is becoming a victim.
Common Features of Mobbing Harassmenters
- With psychological problems and many different fears,
- Having a problem of self-confidence, needing to crush somebody to prove himself,
- In the past,
- They lack empathy, do not love themselves, do not like others,
- Emotional intelligence is extremely low
- Those who are inclined and want to dominate,
- He who sees every success as a danger because he does not see himself enough,
- For those who are not afraid to behave immorally and behave like a control maniac , they are in general a group of mobbing gangsters.
How to Deal With Mobbing?
Let us; How to deal with mobbing! If you think you are exposed to mobbing after all this information, what should you do? How do you follow a path? Where should you apply? How should you act against the person who applies the mobbing?
Firstly; you are uncomfortable with emotional harassment; you have to write down the individual behaviors you have to prove to prove it. E.g; you should write it down in writing when you are not in charge of your job and your position is not very good . In short, you must write all the details of what you are doing, what you are giving the order to, what time you are doing it, or are forced to do it. Because it will be useful for you to have a written document of evidence in your hand .
In addition; you must speak openly with him to submit to the tyrant . You have to say that you object to the situation and you want to stop the behavior of the psychological violence style urgently. You should not forget that there must be some reliable people who can bear witness to you when you talk about this. The fact that you have a worshiper to support you will make a lot of work in the process of coping with mobbing.
We can go on as far as I can tell;
Another thing you need to do in the face of mobbing is to let your competitors know what you are going through. If you are applying mobbing , you should report to your authorized manager, human resources or board of directors together with the evidence in your hand. In all this, you should also consider getting help psychologically.
Mobbing victims ; they suffer from problems with daily abuse (muscle aches, tiredness in both body and mind, sleeping problems, paranoid thoughts, anxiety, appetite problems, unhappiness, insecurity …) . Getting help from an expert will help you to both prove that you are mobbing and that you have proof that you are going to the mobbing.
If you give a legal fight against the abuser, your rights will be as follows. Because the victim; based on justifiable reasons. Material and moral damages may be claimed from those who apply mobbing. So, what should the employee doing the mobbing for the legal battle be doing? Victims Hello 170, USA’s Human Rights Association, as authorities may apply to the Constitutional Court. But at this point, I think it’s more logical to start with Alo 170, which you can reach 24/7 to follow a more accurate pathand complain .