What is the Agricultural and Food Science Technicians job Description?
Agricultural and Food Science Technicians Job description is an intermediate professionnel who is responsible for making sensory, physical, chemical and microbiological quality control analyzes and interpretation of the results of foodstuffs on the basis of production, packaging, storage and matching of foodstuffs according to health conditions.
Under the supervision of the food engineer and the food Technicians for the planned production to take place;
- It uses a variety of techniques to process all kinds of foodstuffs (cereals, milk and dairy products, various meat products, vegetable foods)
- Take samples from food and food additives to check the fitness of the food,
- In the laboratory, we make sensory, physical, chemical and microbiological analyzes using different methods, interpret the results, organize the necessary reports, transmit the results to the relevant persons,
- Provides the production of quality and standard products,
- Enforces or enforces hygiene and sanitation rules in enterprises,
- It follows the latest technologies used in food production,
- It provides proper packaging and preservation of food.
Tools, Equipment and Equipment Used by Agricultural and Food Science Technicians
- All kinds of food and food additives,
- Machines used in food production,
- Laboratory instruments for analysis,
- If necessary,
- Various chemical substances.
Characteristics of Agricultural and Food Science Technicians Profession
Agricultural and Food Science Technicianss who want to be;
- Having general competence,
- Regarding the subjects of chemistry and biology,
- His eyes are firm and visually high,
- Careful and responsible,
- Hand and fingers expertly using,
- They must be people who can collaborate with others.
Agricultural and Food Science Technicians Working Environment and Conditions
The Agricultural and Food Science Technicians works in the production and laboratory departments of the factories producing food in the private sector and in the food laboratories of public institutions. The lab and business environment is clean. However, the place of production may be hot, humid and fragrant. The professions communicate with food engineers, chemical engineers, biologists, veterinarians, dietitians and food Technicianss.
Agricultural and Food Science Technicians Professional Training
The training of the Occupational Profession of Agricultural and Food Science Technicians is given in the Department of Food Technology in the vocational high school and the training is given in the field of Food Technology in the field of Food Technology of the vocational and technical secondary school / institutions according to the new application.
Agricultural and Food Science Technicians Vocational Education Entry Requirements
- To be a primary school graduate,
- To carry out the entrance conditions determined by the Ministry of Education according to school types and area / language.
Training Time and Content
- Vocational training period is 4 years.
- Common cultural courses are given in the 9th grade and the student area is determined at the end of the year.
- The lessons that provide common competencies for all branches in the field are predominantly given in the 10th grade.
- At the end of the 10th grade, branch selection is made taking into consideration regional and sectoral needs, school equipment, teachers and physical capacity and interests and wishes of the students.
- Courses with Dala qualifications are given in the 11th and 12th grades.
Agricultural and Food Science Technicians Training contents are given theoretically / practically in the school and practically in the business and workshop environments.
Certificate or Diploma Acquired at the End of Education
Those who have completed vocational education are given diploma of vocational high school.
Agricultural and Food Science Technicians Working Areas and Job Opportunities
Agricultural and Food Scientist Technicians is an intermediate Technicians in the food laboratories of food producing factories and private food laboratories in the public (Ministry of Agricultural and Rural Affairs, Ministry of Forestry Control Laboratories, Hygiene Institute, Municipalities, Provincial Health Directorates etc.) They work as.
During and After Education Earnings
According to the “Vocational Education Law” no 1990, students who receive vocational training in enterprises are paid a minimum of 15% or 30% of the minimum wage of the enterprises.
Agricultural and Food Science Students who are studying Technicians education are provided with insurance premiums related to work accidents and occupational diseases.
Students benefit from the social opportunities of the businesses they are trained in.
Employees in the private sector are charged in varying amounts, not less than the minimum wage, according to the wage policy of the employer.
Those who work in the public sector; they start up with a higher grade than their high school graduates and are charged about 2-3 times the minimum wage.
Technicians Profession in Agricultural and Food Science
Agricultural and Food Science Technicians Progress in Vocational Education
Graduates of the food control field may apply for the transition without exam to the associate degree programs stated in the OSYMS Guide if the graduates of the food technology field of the vocational high school want it.
In addition, graduates may be admitted to the programs specified in the OSHIS Guideline if they are successful in higher education entrance exams.
Agricultural and Food Science Technicians Progress in Business Life
Agricultural and Food Science Technicians, working their institutions, organizations and businesses foreman, the chef can.
- Food technology Technicians (food Technicians),
- Chemical Technicians,
- Laboratory Technicians,
- Food industry Technicians
Additional Information and Other Tasks
- It organizes work,
- Take environmental protection measures,
- Conducts activities related to occupational health and safety,
- Works in accordance with the Quality Management System rules,
- It is involved in professional development activities.