What is Acupuncturists and What Does Do?
If you are interested in alternative therapies and want to help others, being an acupuncturist is a profession for you.
Acupuncturists job description; is a complementary health practitioner who adopts a holistic approach to the protection of health and the management of the disease. Focus is to increase the level of welfare of the individual. It is used to treat various emotional and physical disorders that have musculoskeletal, respiratory, circulatory, and gynecological features.
Acupuncture is an ancient therapy based on the theory that the body is dependent on vital energy, known as qi, in balance. If pain or illness occurs, Acupuncturists see it as a sign that the body is not in balance. To correct this, they place fine needles in the acupuncture points restoring the qi flow that triggers the body’s natural healing process.
As an acupuncturist, you should:
- To create a detailed case story
- Make individual treatment sessions with patients between 45 minutes and one hour
- We must clearly explain the diagnosis and treatment to the patient
- Treating the energy flow through the meridians (energy channels) and inserting thin needles in certain places to awaken the body’s own healing response
- Use other treatments such as electro-acupuncture (to stimulate the insertion points with small electrical currents), acupressure (to relax and relax muscles), and cups
- Checking the progress of the disease through interrogation and examination
- Be patient and keep financial records
- Organize and promote your practice
How much salary does an acupuncturist get
The profit of an acupuncture relates to the success of practicing. You will receive a low salary for the first three to four years because an experience will be required. You start with $ 2800 initially. As long as you are an expert, you will receive a salary of 5000 TL.
Revenue figures are just a guide.
Working hours are usually in accordance with the customer’s free time. You are expected to work Saturday and Sunday.
What are you expecting from a career
Your general expenses and office expenses are assumed to be the workplace you will work with. There will be times when you can do private work from the outside.
Self-employment is very common. Finally, it offers a choice of working hours and places. It is widely found in both urban and rural areas. We must introduce ourselves to make acupuncture applications. Promotion is very important in this regard.
Qualities of acupuncturist
You can choose from a variety of acupuncture courses that vary according to the topics you want to study. The courses are conducted in honor of the honors and take the license.
Observation and clinical practice will constitute a large part of your workout. Practice treatments will be performed under the supervision of training and experienced acupuncturists.
It is not compulsory to have previous experience in the health field to enter an acupuncture course. Knowledge of biology is important. Your massage or nursing experience can be useful to be a successful Acupuncturist.
The skills you will need to show are:
- To explain the treatment processes and establish a positive relationship with the clients
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to comfort patients
- An approach that is not based on prejudice
- Effective organizational innovation
- To have marketing and financial skills
Acupuncture job opportunities and job vacancies
- The vast majority of acupuncturists have opened their own private workplaces
- Possibility to work in health or medical centers
- Antenatal care
- Oncology hospitals
- Pain management centers
- In state or private hospitals
- They can work on ship trips and health tourism areas
Professional professional development
If you wish to increase your knowledge, you will be required to study further in the following areas:
- Specific acupuncture techniques
- Advanced acupuncture theory
- Chinese herbal medicine
- Other holistic medical therapies
- Antenatal care
- HIV / AIDS
- Pain management
- Psychiatric care
- Stroke rehabilitation.
- Some short courses (in English) are offered in countries like China and Hong Kong
Acupuncture career possibilities
There is no structured career progression for an acupuncturist and success depends on professional, commercial ability.
It is important to closely monitor developments in the profession through continuous professional development (CPD). Once you have gained an important experience, you can give lessons to your students.